PengWine is constantly looking out for opportunities to grow a sustainable business. This month, we took part in this initiative with B1G1 to contribute towards planetary health. Continue reading to find out more about the project.Project Description
Trees clean the air we breathe and serve as an important carbon sink for our emissions. A fully grown tree can absorb up to 21kg of carbon dioxide per year. Your support through this project plants tree saplings throughout the world which will eventually become fully-grown at a success rate of up to 85%, and in some cases also provide income for the local community.
This project plants trees throughout the world in 11 different cities, projects including and not limited to:
- Plant a Tree in the Daintree Rainforest
- Plant One Fruit Tree for a Family in Kenya
- Plant a Tree for Endangered Birds in Indonesia
- Plant a Tree to Support Reforestation in Indonesia
- Plant a Tree in Nusa Penida
- Plant a Tree in India
- Support a Community Operated Tree Nursery in Guatemala
- Generate Income by Planting a Fruit Tree in Kenya
- Generate Income by Planting a Tangerine Tree in Kenya
- Plant a Forest Tree in Kenya
- Plant Trees to Increase Forest Cover in India
Find out about another sustainability project that we’ve participated in, click here.
Credits to B1G1 for images and description